Attached are some photos of Brianís cockpit and Lyleís
Sailor Malan pilot installed in my Hurricane. Iíve been working on this off
and on for about three weeks since getting home from the USA and am pleased
with the result. The camera isnít kind in close up sometimes.
The reference photos I have of the Hurricane interior
have all the tubing in British cockpit interior green (Humbrol matt 78) so I
went that way rather than painting the tubing silver. I weathered some
surfaces with silver paint to simulate scuffing and dirtied up the interior
using Dark Dirt Promodeller wash.
The instruments in the front panel are not the oneís
provided by Brian, they had been created in CorelDraw by a friend of mine
for his Spitfire and I just resized and repositioned them for my project.
The compass in particular is the British type.
You can see that I installed Mick Reevesí brass canopy
rails. They are glued to the top lip of the cockpit with JB Weld because if
I had put them beneath the lip the canopy was too short. This way the
canopy fits just right for the 2mm screws in the canopy to engage in the
With the cockpit installed I can now press ahead and
install the Sullivan Gold N Rods for pull-pull rudder control and position
the servo for the tail wheel control. I hope I never have to access the
elevator servo because it is behind the pilot seat connected to an 8mm OD
carbon fiber tube back to the elevator horn that is inside the fin post.
Letís hope JR reliability holds true.